Monday, July 13, 2009

Ride to Winthrop

Ok, I am starting to feel like I really like to abuse myself. I was, until this summer a casual rider but this summer is different, I've put very close to 1,000 miles on my trike in the last 10 days. My husband says, "hey baby, let's go on the Sun Mountain Lodge lunch ride." I wasn't too sure, we had come through there last week and it seemed like it was a long ways from home. Well, I was right, 360 miles round trip FOR LUNCH. To add to the enjoyment it rained on and off all the way home then after we got close to the freeway it started to rain in earnest so the run home on the freeway was shortest but also the wettest. Now, don't get me wrong, the other folks we went with are all friends and it was a fun ride, but I'm realizing my butt can't take over about 300 miles in a day. Not to mention the lunch could best be called adequate for a gourmet price. Oh well, our fearless road captain tried, you cannot control restaurants unfortunately and I doubt they will benefit from our patronage again.

No comments: